For some reason this Louise Erdrich quote reminds me of travel. Perhaps it is because I am missing my time here at the Pfister with guests and travelers from near and far. Perhaps it is simply that I miss travel itself— because in times of solitude, it has so often been my best friend and faithful companion.
Yes, travel is risky. Sometimes it can break you and sometimes it can swallow you up. But when you are traveling. When you are at a place like the Pfister. You are never alone. The places and the people change you. They make you feel something and leave their mark.
So during these COVID days when it sometimes seems that the days are falling all around me and wasting away, I dream of travel and of being in places like the Pfister again. And I remember that I have traveled to as many places as I could and look forward to the day when I can travel and “taste the sweetness” once again.
- The Pfister Narrators
- The Current Narrator – Bela Suresh Roongta
- The 11th Narrator – Anna Lardinois
- The 10th Narrator – Nicole Mattke
- The 9th Narrator – Dominic Inouye
- The 8th Narrator – Jonathan West
- The 7th Narrator – Anja Notanja Sieger
- The 6th Narrator – Molly Snyder
- The 5th Narrator – Jenna Kashou
- The 4th Narrator – Dasha Kelly
- The 3rd Narrator – Ed Makowski
- The 2nd Narrator – Stacie Williams
- The 1st Narrator – Julie Ferris
- The Pfister Hotel