This isn’t your typical tuna salad. It’s a unique blend of tuna, onion, olive oil, watercress pesto and red pepper.
The creative and healthy combination is perfect as a light snack, but could also be served as a satisfying meal. The colorful watercress pesto adds the finishing flavors that will be pleasing to any palate.
- 4 cans albacore tuna
- 1 sm white onion, diced small
- 2 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 each lemons freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- TT Kosher salt
- TT Fresh ground black pepper
- 4-6 pc whole roasted piquillo peppers
- 2 tbsp non-pariels (capers)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- lemon flavored olive oil
- Drain tuna and in a non-reactive stainless steel mixing bowl combine the tuna, celery, onion, lemon juice, capers, parsley, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff tuna mixture into the roasted piquillo pepper and reserve.
- Thinly slice the fresh garlic cloves and in about ¼ cup of vegetable oil fry the garlic until crispy, place onto a paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Clean the watercress and toss with lemon oil and toasted garlic season with salt and pepper, to be used as a side garnish.
- 4 oz Watercress lettuce
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp grated parmesan
- 1 ½ tbsp toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- TT kosher salt
- TT Freshly grated black pepper
- Clean and roughly chop watercress.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor minus the olive oil and pulse to incorporate.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream until well incorporated.