Katie uses painting as her way of documenting small pockets of the population around her. She attempts to insert herself into places where artists aren’t usually found in order to discover interesting people to paint, as well as to expose the surrounding community to the act of art making. “I’ve painted at the Wilson Commons […]
Dominic Inouye – The Current Narrator
A writer, speaker and teacher, Dominic Inouye has written for various websites, blogs and publications, founded academic programs, shared his experiences at academic conferences and teaches students how to read and tell stories through history, art, spoken-word and film. He cofounded the Milwaukee Spotlight Student Film Festival and has over twenty years of experience as a teacher. He has taught at Marquette University, Pius XI High School and currently teaches English at The Prairie School in Windpoint, Wis.
Inouye was chosen to serve as the hotel’s ninth Pfister Narrator based on his writing style, his vision for the role and personality.
Recent Posts by the Narrator
- Cordials of Wisdom (June 28, 2016)
- Synergy: Performance, Art, & Service (Part III) (June 23, 2016)
- Synergy: Performance, Art, & Service (Parts I & II) (June 20, 2016)
- “It Doesn’t Cost a Lot of Money to Be Nice” (June 15, 2016)
- Jazz Virgin (June 12, 2016)
- “You Can’t Take My Bones” (May 30, 2016)
- “It Takes a Village to Raise a Dentist” (May 22, 2016)