Jonathan West – The Current Narrator
A writer, actor, director and raconteur, West has written for various arts and architecture publications, been a commentator for WUWMs Lake Effect, and shares his opinions and insights on culture and the art of everyday life on his blog Artsy Schmartsy. He served as Head Writer for Wisconsin Public Radios Hotel Milwaukee, and his book Milwaukees Live Theater was published in 2009 by Arcadia Publishing as part of their Images of America Series. He most recently served as Director of Communications for the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. West has been an active theatre professional for more than 20 years.
Along with his wife, opera director Paula Suozzi, and two daughters, Dorothea and Carmela, West lives in a cozy bungalow in Bay View, which he refers to as “the finest neighborhood in the world for beer gardens in lush parks, coffee joints, barbershops, record stores and pizzerias.” He can be identified by his signature bow tie.
Contact Jonathan via email at
Recent Posts by the Narrator
- No Rest for the Wicked Show Tune Lover (February 1, 2016)
- At 10pm on Friday Night (January 25, 2016)
- Look for the Union Ice Cube (January 21, 2016)
- The First 30 Years (January 15, 2016)
- Snap, Crackle…ZZZZZZZZZ (January 12, 2016)
- So Ma, how did you get to be ninety years old? (January 6, 2016)
- Deconstructing Gingerbread Town (December 31, 2015)