This dish is a stunning appetizer that can be served at every occasion. The plump, delicious dates are wrapped in thick, smokey bacon then gently sauteed in a savory sauce. Creamy goat cheese is delicately placed in the center of the sweet, chewy date helping to enhance its rich flavor. This is an elegant and satisfying dish that your guests will request at every gathering.
- 20 pieces pitted medjool dates
- 20 pieces of smoked bacon strips
- Stuff each date with the almond cheese and wrap with one slice of bacon and secure with a plain toothpick.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 10- 15 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Place on top of a plate lined with roasted piquillo rouille.
Almond Cheese Ingredients
- 1 log of fresh goats cheese (room temp)
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment combine the cheese, almonds, extract and parsley mix until just combined and season with fresh ground black pepper.
Roasted Piquillo Rouille Ingredients
- 4-5 pcs roasted piquillo pepper
- ½ cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into a bar blender and puree then slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Mix until thoroughly incorporated.